Romance Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended manga

+3
LauraTorres
✖єsumi✖
Aria11
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recommended manga Empty Recommended manga

Post by Aria11 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 am

Here we can recommend manga to others that want to start reading a manga with a specific genre or something else!!!

Ok here are some mangas with gore and violent genre that I am reading:
Shingeki no Kyojin
Berserk

Warning:Those 2 above have a lot of violent and gore scenes that you might not like at all(especially Berserk).So if you haven't read any other manga or watch an anime with a lot of gore and violence, then those two might not be the best start.

Shingeki no Kyojin:Titans vs Humans war.The manga is on going, monthly and every chapter is around 40 pages.Till now there are 38 chapters out.
Summary:
Spoiler:

Berserk:Humans vs Monsters - mostly demons.
Edit:I am currently in chapter 100.After chapter 20 the pages go back to 20-25 so is better.
Plus the best thing(?!):Is on going, I don't know when chapters come out(we have around 6-8 chapters out the whole year - 2 every fall, 2 every winter and 2-4 between March and June(I think)) and till now 331 chapters are out(it will take me some time till I am up to date with this- it took me 1 week with Noblesse(250 ch.), this will take 1 month or more).
Summary:
Spoiler:

Shoujo genre:
Dengeki Daisy
Last Game

Dengeki Daisy:Is really good.Sometimes I get vibes of shounen because of the story that involves the characters.The progress of their relationship will seem slow to most readers who like romance to go fast, so you might get tired(personally I love how they are dealing with their feelings and how they don't need kisses to express them).It has also hilarious scenes XD(Go bald Kurosaki especially)
The manga is on going, monthly and every chapter has around 40 pages.Till now there are 54 chapters out.(there are also raw chapters out)
Summary:
Spoiler:

Last Game:Is also good.I start to like it from the first chapter.The heroine is really dense regarding romance but is not in the level of getting irritated but adorable(for me at least).You will probably feel sorry for the guy who likes her but he tries nevertheless to win her(and it seems that his tries might have great results).
The manga is on going, also monthly(yep, many monthly mangas XD) and every chapter has around 35 pages or more.Till now there are 13 chapters out.
Summary:
Spoiler:

Summary source and pics:MAL

Last edited by Aria11 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Recommended manga Empty Re: Recommended manga

Post by ✖єsumi✖ Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 am

I have heard only good things from Shingeki no Kyojin. Might start reading it Very Happy

Here are some mangas I love and recommend you to read. Smile

Shonen:

D.Gray-man: It's really really awesome, it used to come out weekly but because the mangaka gets sick often they had to change it to monthly. It is in the moment on hiatus though. I have been reading it for a year or so now and I loove it.
Spoiler:

Witch Hunter
: I started reading this one some weeks ago but I am still on chapter 10. It's really interesting until now. Smile It has 73 chapters and it's ongoing.
Spoiler:
✖єsumi✖
✖єsumi✖
Fairy Tail SSS-class Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraTorres Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

Hey, thought I'd add some recommendations of my own :P

First is BECK
This is a manga that IS completed. It is one of my absolute favorites, and I'm sure anyone here who reads it will love it as well.
Spoiler:

The second one is very gory and violent. Dont read it if you don't like violence and killing. It's called Battle Royale. Most people say that the Hunger games trilogy was ripped off this manga.
Spoiler:
LauraTorres
LauraTorres
Fairy Tail S-class Mage
Fairy Tail S-class Mage

https://ft-ort.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

@Esumi:
Shingeki no Kyojin is very good.The last 5-8 chapters are great.It makes you think humanity doesn't stand a chance against titans.War, the walls, titans inside the city, titans eating humans...Everything will make you wonder how they live in this world.The only problem that you will face in the first chapters is the art, but in the 2nd volume won't be that big of a problem because it will be better and the story will be more interesting.Also the view of titans eating humans isn't the best at the first chapters but you get ''used'' to it after.
Also Witch Hunter is a manhwa?

@Laura:
I checked BECK.It seems awesome.Goes to the read list now Laughing
As for Battle Royale I have watched the movie and I have already put the manga in the read list Winking
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by ✖єsumi✖ Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am

@Aria: Sounds awesome. Very Happy Am reading the first chapter right now.
Yeah,Witch hunter is a manhwa, but its really awesome, the first chapters might be a little boring but it gets really interesting after some chapters. But it's kinda ecchi but not much and I heard that it's on a hiatus because the author is pregnant. Unsure
Still an awesome manhwa.

So maany mangas I want to read now :'D
Gonna add battle royal to "mangas to read" list.

✖єsumi✖
✖єsumi✖

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraTorres Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 am

@Aria Yeah, BECK is really awesome Tongue out The animes good too.
I never watched the movie but I've heard it was good.

@Esumi Yay! Mission accomplished!

Now I'm off to read Berserk Smile
LauraTorres
LauraTorres
Fairy Tail S-class Mage
Fairy Tail S-class Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Camoche Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 am

If you're a girl you may like "Switch girl !!" Very Happy

At school, the heroine (Nika Tamiya)is a very pretty girl, popular, everybody like her etc... But at home, she switches off and she is dirty, lazy ...

Recommended manga Switch_girl_vo_94

Only her best friend Nino knows her secret. But one day, a newcomer to the high school (Arata, a boy) discovers the secret
I like this manga but I think boys won't like x)
You can read on Mangafox
Camoche
Camoche
Fairy Tail Member
Fairy Tail Member

http://Camoche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 am

✖️єsumi✖️ wrote:@Aria: Sounds awesome. Very Happy Am reading the first chapter right now.
Yeah,Witch hunter is a manhwa, but its really awesome, the first chapters might be a little boring but it gets really interesting after some chapters. But it's kinda ecchi but not much and I heard that it's on a hiatus because the author is pregnant. Unsure
Still an awesome manhwa.

And what do you think about it?
It seems really interesting and I already read 2 manhwas so it's fine Very Happy
I don't mind ecchi but I don't like it much either.Ok thanks for the info.

LauraTorres wrote:@Aria Yeah, BECK is really awesome Tongue out The animes good too.
I never watched the movie but I've heard it was good.

@Esumi Yay! Mission accomplished!

Now I'm off to read Berserk Smile

So it has also an anime?
The movie was very good, you should give it a try Winking

Go read it and tell me if you liked it.
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by ✖єsumi✖ Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 am

Aria11 wrote:
✖️єsumi✖️ wrote:@Aria: Sounds awesome. Very Happy Am reading the first chapter right now.
Still an awesome manhwa.

And what do you think about it?
It seems really interesting and I already read 2 manhwas so it's fine Very Happy
I don't mind ecchi but I don't like it much either.Ok thanks for the info.

I like it so far. Finished reading it some days ago and it's really awesome Shocked

Also there is another manga I want to recommend

World Embryo:
A deadly virus is spreading across mankind, turning humans into gruesome monsters known as ‘Kanshu‘. Yet no one knows of their existence, except for the organisation called ‘F.L.A.G.‘, dedicated to hunting down and destroying the source of the infection. Its members possess extraordinary powers, capable of unleashing righteous fury on their enemies. One day, a cell phone message from a dead relative leads estranged youth Riku Amami unwittingly into the conflict between F.L.A.G. and Kanshu - and to a mysterious cocoon that would change his life forever, for better or worse…
Spoiler:
I love this manga, it's amazing. Though this manga isn't good for people with weak stomache's Laughing
✖єsumi✖
✖єsumi✖

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai25 Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am

@esumi: I also read D Gray Man for quite awhile and is among my favourites. I really hope the mangaka gets better so we at least get the monthly chapters.

other than that I currently read the well known Bleach, Naruto and Beelzebub from WSJ and Nurarihyon no Mago which was moved to another magazine for it's last ~60 pages chapters.

if you like mangas based on 16=17th century Japan you can read Vagabond(story of Miyamoto Musashi) by Takehiko Inoue. There is also Basilisk and YM by the same mangaka(the name eludes me now) and which are completed and with very good plot and art style.

Freezing by Im Dal Young has also peaked my interest and it's quite good if you like a SF theme and girls with powers fighting.

Fullmetal Alchemist is probably very well known and it is among the all-time best manga and anime series for me.

Detective Conan is also good if you are patient and like a good mistery (especially murder cases) and of course Sherlock Holmes.

The World God Only Knows(TWGOK) - the main character Katsuragi Keima ends up accepting a challenge from a devil and so he is forced by contract to capture the hearts of the girls or he will lose his head. Evil spirits hide in the gaps of the girls' hearts so Keima has to fill that gap with love to force the evil spirits out before it's too late

For battle/martial arts manga I recommend History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Psyren, Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, The Breaker, The Breaker New Waves,

I'll add some more when I wake up tomorrow Smile
Mihai25
Mihai25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 am

The breaker and The breaker new waves is good shit. I recomend this :P.
Also for those who likes romance, shojos or whatever I choose Kuregahime- Its a story about not so pretty jellyfish otaku girl who lives in some place with others otaku girls who don`t like fashionable, pretty girls and boys in general as well Very Happy. Then she meets one of this fashionable pretty girls who in the fact is... lol check out ursellves :P
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WaddlePants Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 am

Ooooh, I noticed on here another Dengeki Daisy reader!! I love that manga! I stumbled across it on a "give me a random manga to read" button, and I was so engrossed it totally destroyed every other thing I did until I was up to date. Laughing
WaddlePants
WaddlePants
Fairy Tail Noob
Fairy Tail Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 am

Hooray another Dengeki Daisy fan :'D

I really like this manga even though it's shoujo but I haven't read it in a while lol.

In which chapter are you?
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by WaddlePants Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:40 am

I'm up to date on it, I think it's like, chapter 52, or 53 or something like that. I don't usually like Shoujo either, but I really like the concept of Kurosaki being Daisy, and a hacker.

Do you know when it updates? Or if it's actually continued somewhere and I'm just really far behind :P
WaddlePants
WaddlePants
Fairy Tail Noob
Fairy Tail Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 am

Oh I am in chapter 54 :'D
I know there are raw chapters past chapter 60 but you need to find them(I think I know a link but I am not sure).

I like it because sometimes it doesn't feel so shoujo to me.With Kurosaki being Daisy and a hacker it has plenty of action :'3

Oh wow there is chapter 56 lol.I need to read 2 chapters now xD

OMG dajdhaiudhvabiluc
I read a spoiler just now and holy mother of Sting...
Spoiler:
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by WaddlePants Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 am

CAN YOU GET ME A LINK?!
I need to see that spoiler. IT IS NOW NECESSARY.

*cries* I've been waiting for it...
WaddlePants
WaddlePants
Fairy Tail Noob
Fairy Tail Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 am

Check your PM :'D
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by WaddlePants Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 am

I have a PM?
ZOOM!
WaddlePants
WaddlePants
Fairy Tail Noob
Fairy Tail Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai25 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 am

anyone read Perfect girl evolution?
4 very good looking guys from her school are asked by her aunt to turn the depressed and horror loving Sunako in a proper lady. And they have to do that if they don't want to pay the rent on the villa they staying in and which is owned by Sunako's aunt.

also xxxHolic is very good as well
Watanuki Kimihiro has seen ghosts and spirits all his life and was even chased by lots of them. During one of these days when an evil looking spirit is chasing him he touches the fence of an old(traditional) looking shop while trying to escape and next he finds himself walking through the door. What he doesn't know is that the shop he's walking to fulfills wishes and that only those who really need to enter can see the actual building.
Just after he enters he is taken inside by 2 young girls where the beautiful shop owner Ichihara Yuuko tells him that she will make it so that Watanuki will no longer see spirits and get chased by them, but he will have to work in the shop as payment for his wish.
http://www.goodmanga.net/614/xxxholic - here's the only site i know that has the chapters in the right order
Mihai25
Mihai25

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 am

I know xxxHolic but when I was reading after chapter 20, some chapters were missing and others were the same.I checked in many sites but the same thing for some weird reason.Where did you read it,Mihai?
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai25 Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 am

I probably read it on another site but I wanted to read it again because xxxHolic Rei started few weeks ago and I found that goodmanga.net had all the chapter and in the right order. I wrote the link in my previous post
Mihai25
Mihai25

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria11 Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Oh sorry I didn't saw the link,Mihai.Thanks a lot :'3
And I also know about xxxHolic Rei but I need to finish xxxHolic first and then read it Laughing
Aria11
Aria11
Fairy Tail Holy Mage
Fairy Tail Holy Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai25 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 am

Rei just started and we can't be sure how will the story go. After a few more chapter it'll be clear if the story will continue where the first series left off or it'll be just rehashing the first series. If it was me I would've preferred for the story to continue
Mihai25
Mihai25

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraTorres Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:33 am

Alright I have a few new manga to recommend. Let's gooooo!

First is "Cutie Boy", which is a Korean Manhwa so you read it left to right instead. It's also complete
I love this manga to death! It's so funny and adorable, my feels are just...
Recommended manga Tumblr_merweirHKM1qabudj
But if you like romantic comedies you will love this. The art style is a little weird because sometimes things appear out of proportion but usually you can ignore it Smile
Spoiler:

Another romance comedy that has recently caught my eye is "Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun" or "The monster next to me". This manga is really cute and adorable and....gah! It's awesome! Laughing It's ongoing and the chapters take FOREVER to come out but it's too awesome to ignore Laughing
Spoiler:

There are a few more but I can't remember right now Laughing
I'll try and put them up later.
LauraTorres
LauraTorres
Fairy Tail S-class Mage
Fairy Tail S-class Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker. Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:51 pm

I want a thread for Karneval where I can pour all my feels in :"D :"D